View entire map
This project resurfaces 7 miles of SR 20 and 7 miles of US 97 in Okanogan County, 27 miles of US 2 and 18 miles of SR 172 in Douglas County and 18 miles of SR 26 in Grant County.
View entire photo
- Before - pavement damage being repaired in this chip seal resurfacing project.
View entire photo
- Before - this sidewalk ramp in Waterville on US 2 is being rebuilt to current ADA standards to accommodate wheel chairs.
Complete July 2012
Construction began Apr. 30, 2012 and was complete July 29.
This P1 Roadway Preservation project chip seals 77 miles on 5 highways in Douglas, Grant and Okanogan Counties.
Why is WSDOT
chip sealing these sections of highway?
The pavement through these sections is deteriorating and was scheduled for surface restoration before the underlying road structure is damaged.
The project also updates safety features including new striping, centerline rumble strips and reflective pavement markers.
At the same time, sidewalk ramps in Waterville, Pateros and Brewster are being upgraded to meet current Americans with Disability Act (ADA) guidelines.
The End Result
Bituminous Surface Treatment (BST) resurfacing will preserve these roadways:
- 8 miles of SR 20 east of Wauconda Pass
- 7 miles of US 97 between Pateros and Brewster
- 18 miles of SR 172 from its junction with US 2 west of Waterville north, almost to Mansfield
- 27 miles of US 2 from Orondo through Waterville to Moses Coulee
- 18 miles of SR 26 from I-90 east of Vantage to west of Royal City.
- Extends the pavement life
- Provides a smoother ride
- Improves drainage
- Reduces maintenance
- Upgrades safety features
- Addresses needs of those with disabilities
What is the project timeline?
Construction began April 30, 2012 and was complete July 29, within the allotted 70 working days.
Project signage will reflect the cost of construction engineering, project bid award and sales tax.
|Financial Data for PIN 200204C, 202000I, 202600B, 209700N, 217200A
||Amount ($ in thousands)
|2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)
|2005 Gas Tax (TPA)
|Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)
The project was advertised for private contractor bids in Feb. Four qualified bids were opened on Mar. 22. On Monday, Mar. 26, after evaluation, Contract #8247 was awarded to Central Washington Asphalt, Inc. for $6,176,935.85, 2% under the engineering estimate.
This project is funded through the following sources:
- Pre Existing gas tax funds: $10,150,001.
Total funding from all sources: $10,150,001.
How can I get more information?
Project Engineer Kevin Waligorski
WSDOT North Central Region
PO Box 98
Wenatchee, WA 98807
Phone: 509-667-2860 or toll free (888) 461-8816
back to top