Need to document your losses from the Taylor Bridge fire?
- The first step for anyone who has suffered loss of a home or other property is to contact your own insurance company. It is important to document losses both for your insurance company and for helping authorities assess whether there is disaster relief available.
- Kittitas County Emergency Services is collecting information on the amount of the losses for purposes of determining if federal disaster assistance is available. It is important for those losses to be documented whether the losses are insured or uninsured.
- The contractor on the bridge project has set up a process for claims that potentially would be addressed by the company’s insurance. The phone number provided by the contractor is 1-800-238-6225 for Travelers Insurance.
- There is a state claim process for people who feel they have been injured by state actions. There is no short-term deadline for filing a claim. Online forms are available on the Department of Enterprise Services website which will allow you to file a standard tort claim.
The SR 10 Taylor Bridge is also known as the SR 10 Bristol Fill Bridge. Conway Construction is contracted by WSDOT to replace the entire SR 10 Bristol Fill bridge deck.
See the Blog story for more information on the bridge deck replacement project.
Know before you go
WSDOT urges drivers to be prepared before they head out. Check the Web and listen to the radio for important information.
We have a variety of tools to help drivers plan ahead:
- Call 5-1-1 before you leave or have your carpool buddy call while on the road to get the latest information.
- Check our Seattle flow page for traffic information
- Check our travel alerts page for road closures, stalls or other incidents that might affect your commute
- Check out the Social Room to follow social media updates
General traveler information is available on the WSDOT statewide traveler information Web site at www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic.
You can also get the latest traffic and weather information by accessing our mobile information site at wsdot.wa.gov/small/