Get Our Mobile App
Friday, April 22, 2011
Meagan McFadden , WSDOT Communications, 509-577-1618
Summer Derrey, WSDOT Communications, 509-945-4584
Bill Preston, WSDOT Project Engineer, 509-577-1810
EASTON – For the next five weeks drivers traveling over I-90 between Easton and Cle Elum will experience delays associated with traffic restrictions. The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and ICON Materials are extending the life of the roadway and providing a smoother ride for nearly 10 miles of eastbound I-90 by replacing deteriorating concrete panels and asphalt shoulders.
In order to do this work, crews have to completely close the right eastbound lane and shift traffic around the work zone. Drivers will experience the following traffic impacts on I-90 between Easton (milepost 70) and Cle Elum (milepost 80) due to the I-90 Lake Easton to Big Creek project until May 26:
- On Friday morning at 9 a.m. to Sunday morning at 9 a.m., WSDOT will open two lanes in the eastbound direction with one lane in the westbound direction to accommodate the increase in traffic volumes.
- From Sunday, April 24 at 9 a.m. to Monday, April 25 at 6 a.m., WSDOT will open two lanes in the westbound direction with one lane open in the eastbound direction.
- The eastbound on and off ramps will also be closed at exit 71 until May 31.
Loads exceeding 14 feet wide are prohibited on eastbound and westbound I-90 from milepost 69.5 to milepost 80 until May 26.
What drivers can do:
- Plan for added travel time, maintain the posted speed limit, and pay attention to signs
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs, and to sign up for e-mail updates
- Get the latest travel alerts via the website
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Follow WSDOT on Twitter
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 5-1-1
< Go Back