This element of the program teaches children bicycling and walking safety skills, and utilizes events and activities to promote walking and biking to school safely.
The walking school bus is one activity which helps get kids walking safely to school under the watchful eye of parent volunteers along the route.
Other Project Activities
- Implementation of the SRTS Bike and Pedestrian Safety Education Curriculum.
- Distribution of educational materials.
- Pedestrian safety field trips.
- Implementation of a bike train where students bike to school in groups with adult supervision.
- Update and distribution of school walk route maps to students, parents and staff.
- Bicycle safety skills education classes also known as a bicycle rodeo.
- Celebration of Walk and Bike to School Day.
- School assemblies.
- Mileage clubs.
Links for More Information