There are several ways to request a refund.
In person: Same-day refunds can be requested at the originating terminal if they are requested within 60 minutes of purchase.
By mail: You can request a refund directly from the Washington State Ferries (WSF) main office. If you are at the terminal, ask the ticket seller for a "WSF request for refund envelope." Make sure you fill it out completely and put proper postage on the envelope. The mailing address is printed on the envelope and is also included at the bottom of this page.
By email: Send an email to WSF Revenue Control at the address below. Be sure to include all relevant information.
It typically takes about two weeks to process a refund if all of the information listed below is provided; missing information may delay your request. To have your request processed in a timely manner, please include the following:
- First and last name
- Phone number and email address
- If cash refund request: address where WSF should mail a check
- Date and time of travel and departing terminal
- Barcode number on receipt/Wave2Go Ticket number/Web store purchase order number
- Amount requested
- If requesting that a discount be applied to a fare, please provide proof of eligibility for discount ( i.e. driver's license to demonstrate senior discount or qualifying discount documentation)
- Reason for reimbursement request - some examples:
- My Multi-Ride ticket was scanned twice
- I was overcharged - Charged U22' adult fare and I'm a senior citizen - Provide copy of ID as proof of eligibility
- I had an emergency and did not sail. I left the lot at 12:30pm before boarding the vessel
Note: Disputed fares must be submitted within 30 days of purchase.
Questions? Please contact us:
Operations Revenue Control Contact Information:
Customer Service Contact Information:
Washington State Ferries
2901 3rd Ave. Suite 500
Seattle, WA 98121-3014