Business Development & Compliance Consultant
The Minority and Women’s Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Program is a Washington State program, designed to create the maximum practicable opportunities for minority and women owned firms attempting to do business with WSDOT. The primary objective of this Program is to increase M/WBE Participation on WSDOT’s contracting and procurement activities. This is done through a variety of methods, some of the strategies employed by WSDOT are:
- Set voluntary M/WBE Goals on state-funded projects and procurements;
- Review M/WBE Participation Plans from prime contractors;
- Provide assistance and outreach to Minority and Women Owned Businesses;
- Assist in developing contract language to foster a level playing field for all firms;
- Implement the WSDOT M/WBE Participation Plan; and
- Monitor M/WBE Participation throughout the agency and develop new methods for ensuring adequate opportunities are provided for M/WBE Participation.
WSDOT works collaboratively with the Washington State Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE) to implement the M/WBE Program. Following is some useful information for firms:
To be recognized as an M/WBE firm and eligible to count towards the voluntary goals of WSDOT; please contact OMWBE at www.omwbe.wa.gov or toll free (866) 208-1064.