The HQ Development Division is one section in Environmental and Regional Operations within the Washington State Department of Transportation.
The Development Division consists of Administrative Contracts, Bridge & Structures Office, Consultant Services, Design Office, Environmental Services, GeoMetrix Office and Real Estate Services.
There are approximately 16 different business areas outlined below and all strive to effectively and efficiently support our regional counterparts and headquarter peers. Our core mission includes supporting program delivery through various technical and policy-based programs.
Information on Guardrail Design Standards
WSDOT updated its design standards manual, recommending steel posts for new guardrail installation, while still allowing for wood posts as repair alternatives. Washington is now one of 24 states with a stated preference for steel posts in guardrail systems. WSDOT made this decision based on driver and passenger safety, and also had discussions with Washington’s wood manufacturers during the process.
- Information Technology goods and services
- Professional services
- Other administrative contracts
- Bridge Preservation
- Bridge Design Engineering
- Bridge Management
- Limited Access
- Managed Access
- Access Control Tracking Systems
- Access Policy, Training and Support
- Obtain and manage architectural and engineering contracts for design and construction projects
- Consulting with WSDOT
- Open Advertisements
- Real Estate Transactions for WSDOT
- Relocation & issuing guidelines
- Property Management
- Providing services to WSDOT HQ & regional offices
- High speed black/white and color copies
- Scanning Services
- CD Rom Duplication
- Utilities Accommodation Policy
- Agreement Review & Development
- Railroad project coordination