Night lane, ramp closures scheduled for Tacoma/Fife HOV construction
Tacoma Ramp Closures:
Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 23-24
- Southbound Interstate 705 on-ramps to northbound I-5 and southbound State Route 7 will close from 9 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. each following morning.
- Northbound I-5 collector distributor exits to northbound I-705 and southbound SR 7 will close from 10:30 p.m. to 4:30 each following morning.
- Northbound I-5 exit to Portland Avenue will close from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. each following morning.
Tuesday, Nov. 24
- Northbound I-5 exit to northbound SR 167 will close from 10 p.m. Tuesday to 4 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 25.
Continued ramp closures
- Northbound State Route 7 on-ramp to southbound Interstate 5.
- A Street on-ramp to northbound Interstates 705/I-5.
Alternate route for eastbound SR 16 drivers going to northbound I-5
Tired of backups on eastbound SR 16 heading toward northbound I-5? Try this alternate route, which uses the SR 7 U-turn at South 38th Street. We've clocked it, and when backups at the merge are heavy this will take you about half the time! Just make sure that as you're heading up the hill on SR 7, take the route to South 38th Street east (not west).