Use this checklist before you submit your page to your editor for approval. If these items are complete approval is much easier.
- Home page name is “default”.
- Map page name is "map".
- Map page title is "<project name> - Map".
- If a Nickel or Partner Project, the funding logo is in left navigation of home page. If you need a funding logo added, please contact WebHelp.
- Left nav names for home and map pages are "Project Home" and "Project Map".
- The page is NOT "hide when published" (found under page properties).
Images & Attachments
- All images have meaningful alternative text (alt tags).
- All attachments (PDFs, Excel files or other document types) are identified after the link. For example: Important Report (pdf 15 kb)
- All PDFs and images are optimized for the Web.
- All PDFs have the page properties completed.
- Thumbnail images are no wider than 185 pixels and no heavier than 10K.
- Large images are no wider than 510 pixels and no heavier than 30K, especially if there are multiple photos per page.
- Maps are within the WSDOT map standard.
- The project status box has only 3-4 bullets of information, each with only 1-2 sentences.
- All bullets look the same.
- Consistent spacing.
- All text is black, unless linked.
- Text is chunked into consumable bits.
- Links are in the body text as contextual links - not as url Web addresses.
- The default ‘Link to Region’ in left nav has been changed to link to your region.
- No body text headings are larger than Heading 4.
- "Preview" the page in a browser to ensure it looks okay.
- Content is consistent with WSDOT messaging and branding.
- Spell check your content.
- Proof for grammar and punctuation.
- All information is written in plain talk.
- Financial information is current and in current format.
- Contact information is listed at bottom.
If you have any questions about these requirements, email Web Help.