Creating GovDelivery Email Alerts
To Send a Bulletin
- Log in to the GovDelivery system with your email address and password.
- Select the "Topics" link from the menu on the left.
- Hold your mouse over a topic and the background will turn yellow. If you want to send an email, click on that topic.
- Shift your attention to the menu on the right. Click on the "Bulletins" link to open the bulletin info for that topic.
- You can look at previous bulletins, open a draft bulletin or create a new bulletin from this page.
- Click the "Create Bulletin" link to create a new email update.
- Enter the subject and text of your message. The WSDOT logo in the header and a standard footer have been preloaded (you can edit these if you must).
- If you're also sending text messages, insert your carefully crafted 140 character message in the body of the "Wireless Alert" field.
- At the bottom of the message screen are three key buttons; Save as Draft will save a copy of your message for later use, Test will send a copy of your message to the email addresses you select, and Send Now will send your message to everyone subscribed to this topic.
- Use the "Preview" button to display the message in both HTML and plain text formats and/or send a Test copy of your message to yourself BEFORE you push Send Now. There is no recall button, once the email is on it's way there is no way to stop it!
To Send an Page Watch Alert
At a fixed time interval, GovDelivery will scan WSDOT Web pages for content changes. If we have a "page watch" set for a Web page that changes, GovDelivery can notify the item administrator that the Web page has changed. Check the message in this email, if it's a change to the content on the page, you may follow the link to the "Send Bulletin" page, where you can modify and send the message to subscribers.