Learn how to create a regular page by following these steps:
- Using Internet Explorer, browse to the main page of the site where you'd like to add a page.
For example, if you wanted to add a new page to the Design Policy site, you would navigate to: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ Design/Policy /default.htm.
- Once at the main page, click in the address bar and replace www in the address with the word edit.
- After you type edit, hit the Return key, and the Web Author Console appears.
- On the Web Author Console, click Switch to Edit Site.
The Console menu expands.
- Click Create New Page.
The Template Gallery appears.
- From the Template Gallery, click on the desired category of template.
The Select Template menu appears.
What you select depends on what you're making:
WSDOT projects have very specific templates. All WSDOT project pages should use only project templates. View available project templates.
Internet Templates (external website)
If you are creating a Web page on the external Web please use one of the internet templates. View available internet templates.
Intranet Templates (internal website)
Web pages on our internal Web should use the Intranet Templates. View available intranet templates.
- From the Select Template menu, click on Select in the middle column next to your template choice. Your new page appears in Edit mode, ready for use.
However, before you begin working, you must first save the new page .
This tutorial is for regular pages, but there are additional steps for special pages such as:
Now it's time to save your new page.