Uploading and inserting images is a two-step process. Before starting this step, ensure your images are optimized for the Web.
You may also want to add a hyperlink to the image. When the image is clicked, it will open a related Web page.
To upload an image to the Web server
- Place the cursor where you want the image to reside on the page.
- Click on the Image Manager button.
The Image Manager appears.
- Navigate to the folder location where you would like to store the image. Once you have reached your destination folder, click on the folder. Doing this copies the folder address to the Directory box.
To view the sub files or folders, double-click on the folder.
- Click on the Upload Image tab.
- Click on Browse , locate your image file.
Display Name – The name you enter here will appear in the Resource Gallery. It will not display on your page.
Description – You might want to leave information about the file for future users. Use this option at your discretion.
- Click Upload.
Your image is now uploaded to the CMS Web server.
To insert an image onto your Web page and add alternative text
- Enter a short description of the image in the Image Alt Text field.
You must include this short description on images to comply with the American Disabilities Act.
- Click Insert .
The image is placed on your page.
- To revise or change alt text already entered, right-click on the image.
Select Set Image Properties.
Go to the Image Alt Text field to revise the text.
To link an image to a Web page
- Select the image.
- Click on the Hyperlink Manager button.
The Hyperlink Manager appears.
- On the Hyperlink Manager , insert the Web address of the page you want to link to in the field marked URL .
If is it a page within CMS, use the round blue icon to locate the Web address.
If you are linking to a page on an external site, enter the full Web address beginning with www .
- Leave the rest of the fields at their default settings.
- Click OK .
The image is now linked.
- Using the Web Author Console , click on Preview , and test your link.
When the browser opens in preview mode, click on the image to make sure it takes you to the right Web page.
You can also add PDF links or make a map for your page.
Once your page is saved, take another look at it to get your pages found on the Web.