View the most recent rate schedule (pdf 85 kb).
Development of Cost Recovery Rates
Cost recovery rates for Materials Laboratory testing and services are developed in two phases:
- Creation of schedules, which include common factors and calculations
- Computation of rates, which combine the various schedules to form the final cost recovery charges
Three elements are common to all rates:
- Weighted labor cost determined by a labor rate matrix combining the staff level and classes used for that activity
- Non-chargeable labor cost
- Non-labor overhead cost
* These rates are periodically recalculated and are subject to change without notice.
View Materials Lab FY14 Cost Recovery Plan (pdf 485 kb) for additional details.